RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Zone Temperature Peaks too Early

An easy thing to try is to increase the sensible thermal capacitance of the zone’s air using the ZoneCapacitanceMultiplier:ResearchSpecial object.

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of jeffreylauck
Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 4:02 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Zone Temperature Peaks too Early

Jean,

Thanks for your response. I suppose it's possible that internal surfaces are slowing convection heat transfer in the actual house, but there's not a lot of furniture in the space. A small couch, a chair, and a table are about it.

The only way I can think of to test this theory is to increase the roughness of the internal surfaces in the zone. Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeff