[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Identifying the cooling energy use of individual zones

Without thinking about e+, I would do it this way:
1) record the electric energy consumption of the chiller
2) record the VL and RL temps and mass flows at the pipe going to building 1 and at the pipe going to building 2
With massflow and dT, I can calculate energy out to building 1, building 2, and total. I can thus proportion the electricity usage at the chiller to building 1 and building 2.

In e+, I can also monitor these nodes (at each timestep) as above (chech the rdd file for the variable names to report...if you don't have an rdd file, then you still need to add the output request in your idf...it was something like Output:Variable,Dictionary,idf; but I don't know it by heart, so check the ioRef.).

Post processing in excell should be easy then.

Is this right?

Jean