[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Can parametrics objects be used within EMS?

Do you define how the parametric files are to be called? e.g.

    Parametric:FileNameSuffix,
    Names,
    P1,
    P2;

I would think the parametric preprocessor runs and inserts the values into each sepperate idf. Then in the simulation the EMS code is envoked as normal, i.e. there you won't see any $, but only the value that was written in.

I would however, do the substitution via a variable where myvalue,
is the first on the line...for example:

 Schedule:Compact,
     HW LOOPSCHEDULE,         !- Name
     Temperature,             !- Schedule Type Limits Name
     Through: 12/31,          !- Field 1
     For: Weekdays WinterDesignDay,  !- Field 2
     Until: 24:00,            !- Field 3
     =$SuppT,                 !- Field 4
     For: AllOtherDays,       !- Field 5
     Until: 24:00,            !- Field 6
     45;                      !- Field 7

EnergyManagementSystem:GlobalVariable,
SuppTvalue; !- Erl Variable 2 Name

EnergyManagementSystem:Sensor,
HW_LOOPSCHEDULE_Sensor,
HW LOOPSCHEDULE,
Schedule Value;

EnergyManagementSystem:Program,
     HWSupplyTemperatureControl,  !- Name

SET SuppTvalue = HW LOOPSCHEDULE Sensor,

     IF (OutsideAirSensor < (0 - 12.0)),  !- Program Line 1
     SET ControlValve==SuppTvalue,!- Program Line 2
     ELSEIF (OutsideAirSensor > 12.0),  !- A4
     SET ControlValve=45.0,   !- A5
     ELSE,                    !- A6
     SET ControlValve=((1/12)*(22.5-(0.5)*SuppTvalue))*OutsideAirSensor+((0.5)*(SuppTvalue+45),  !- A7
     ENDIF;                   !- A8

*********************************
or you could try direct from the sensor in as

IF (OutsideAirSensor < (0 - 12.0)),  !- Program Line 1
     SET ControlValve==HW_LOOPSCHEDULE_Sensor,!- Program Line 2
     ELSEIF (OutsideAirSensor > 12.0),  !- A4
     SET ControlValve=45.0,   !- A5
     ELSE,                    !- A6
     SET ControlValve=((1/12)*(22.5-(0.5)*HW_LOOPSCHEDULE_Sensor))*OutsideAirSensor+((0.5)*(HW_LOOPSCHEDULE_Sensor+45),  !- A7
     ENDIF;                   !- A8

Jean