Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Medellin weather file

There is also historical weather data from 2009 through now (June 2013) for Medellin-Olaya-Herr(era?) Lat 6.217S Lon 75.600W, Elev 1499m, WMO Station Number 801100,  but the data quality is not as good (average 200-300 records/month) as for Jose Maria Cordova IAP (400-700 records/month).  If you want, I can make a "typical year" weather file for that station, too, but I would not recommend it.  A better way would be to modify the Jose Maria Cordova IAP file instead by comparing the differences between the two files, but that would take several hours of work.

The other point I'd like to make is that 29 km is less than the grid cell size used in other computer methods to generate synthetic weather files.  Furthermore, those methods also need observed data to populate their models or statistical procedures, and that observed data are almost definitely also from the major weather station in the area, i.e., the Jose Maria Cordova IAP!

Joe
Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 108D