Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Trying to explain temperature differences in a room with conduction

I totally agree with Jim. I had performed such a study about 2 years ago when it was possible to set the convective coefficient of walls to really minuscule values. Now, I dont think Eplus allows you to set such low convective coefficient values without generating a warning or error of sorts.

The radiant exchange with the sky during the night, on the other hand, is considerably high and that explains the -5 oC temperature on the roof. If I remember correct the radiant exchange is tied to the infrared solar radiation (or the horizontal infrared radiation) data in the .epw file. Manipulating that value could help your cause.

Niraj