[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Automatic operation venetian blinds energy consumption

This can be a simple post-processing calculation. Get the slat angle and blinds on/off operation for each hour (or timestep). Then aggregate the hours for which there is a change from the previous hour. This will give you the total hours for which the blinds are operating.

Try poking around some manufacturer websites, such as this one:
http://www.lutron.com/en-US/Products/Pages/ShadingSystems/SivoiaQSWireless/Components.aspx

Call them if you can't find the info you need.

We looked into the operation of sliding door motors once. I recall it was less than 50 kWh/year per door. Quite small, and shades might be even lower. Of course, if you put these motorized shades on every window in the building, then it might become significant.

Rahul