[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Automatic operation venetian blinds energy consumption
- To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Automatic operation venetian blinds energy consumption
- From: "migueltgpacheco" <migueltgpacheco@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 19:07:46 -0000
- Delivered-to: mailing list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 13:08:18 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1377544073; bh=8WVpdsM00eSkcNKH0Pk6d17werhfL0PwLwCyp1UIrJE=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=0SWvfn4nb5jNcMdnhbVWXHh+G5rMH+ABSIu0I8V0BZf/03RN8URmVFQokfuAkua7h5OtEYhF7I5IQ33XW4fzpxISnKWcwftIcXzRP7YAyshQVoJBCDDf/8kJq+eGXVwSI4CRugrhbiDrcxa5cPLE1lOjT7kJWUalHwDMYCWsMaE=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=echoe; d=yahoogroups.com; b=2fA3vFbdf6gI2IyY2p3IjmS1cxQ3LHR8C4Enlu9WMi4MCo5tPu6ig7qD3J4bswJCYnO4j3CsSkCExGD87i7uf2+mjRFlDQ5+sP39UFkrbdMSj1K2H0cp8vIGKTrlMZo51decD4jnv0el8tId2n1YBGAug5LVt3aTduzYXFXjcKU=;
- Envelope-to: linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <kvfvkf+f8c8@eGroups.com>
- List-id: <EnergyPlus_Support.yahoogroups.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:EnergyPlus_Supportemail@example.com>
- Mailing-list: list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; contact EnergyPlus_Support-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: eGroups-EW/0.82
Thank you. I liked the bonus info of the energy consumption for sliding doors :-). Is this catalog information or actual performance in some technical report?
--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "rahulathalye7" <rahula7@...> wrote:
> This can be a simple post-processing calculation. Get the slat angle and blinds on/off operation for each hour (or timestep). Then aggregate the hours for which there is a change from the previous hour. This will give you the total hours for which the blinds are operating.
> Try poking around some manufacturer websites, such as this one:
> Call them if you can't find the info you need.
> We looked into the operation of sliding door motors once. I recall it was less than 50 kWh/year per door. Quite small, and shades might be even lower. Of course, if you put these motorized shades on every window in the building, then it might become significant.
> --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "migueltgpacheco" <migueltgpacheco@> wrote:
> > Hi List,
> > I want to estimate the energy consumption of automated blinds. I searched the group for this topic but I didn't find any reference to it. This is important because I couldn't find either any report on monitoring the energy consumption of blinds. I'm trying to model zero energy and everything must be accounted.
> > Energyplus allows a number of sophisticated options for blind control.I am using BlockBeamSolar option for the ShadingControl object. But there is no way to know the energy consumption the automated operation of the blinds.
> > I can´t use the nominal power of the blinds motor's for an estimate because this would be far too high. The blinds I'm modeling, can open or retract completely, besides varying the slat angle. Slat angle variation must consume less energy that open or retract the blinds entirely.
> > Even if I know the energy consumption for changing angle slat, that would not be enough. The blinds are sometimes idle and sometimes on. I have doubts on which report I would use. There is no report that tells when a motor is on.
> > Thank you in advance,
> > Miguel Pacheco
Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx
The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
The group web site is:
Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection. Limit attachments to small files.
EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable. Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: