Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Issue in modeling. ASP

The first thing I would recommend is to create smaller test models for testing.

Are you autosizing or hard-sizing the equipment?
How is outdoor air and recirculation air handled in both cases? When comparing the two cases, it would be prudent to control that the amount of fresh outdoor air delivered to the spaces are equal.
Run the simulation on specific days to control that the equipment is behaving as you expect. This is a big project with many different systems and there is no quick way to do it properly...

I think you need to investigate more closely. A good place to look may be the sensible heat gain balance table in the allsummary report which also shows equipment sizes, space loads and many other usefull things. You have to specify that the allsummary report is created, that is in the idf you must insert "output:..." see the documentation for the correct code (possibly also with the idf editor?). If you need to control more closely, then you need to report node mass flows and temperatures (always a good idea). Read up on how to specify the rdd file to be generated and how to specify other outputs for controlling.

Which help softwares are you using to create your idf? There are many free and commercial softwares that help.

Do you have any warnings in the .err file.

My first project was also rediculously huge...took 800 hrs to complete and I learnt a lot during the time, but it was painful as it took 6 months instead of 2 months, so the client was not too happy. And I was mainly not having to look into the idf because I was using designbuilder GUI.

I believe you should hire a consultant...not to do all the work, but to give a bit of direction...someone local and close that can stop by your office twice a week and look over your shoulder for an hour or two. They should be an energyplus user. You will learn so much faster than I did battling alone. I see this because I have a masters student now who is helping me and he learns quickly, without much help, but also because he gets very clear direction...we discuss problems and solutions, but he has to implement and test them. I save him a lot of time because I am familiar with all the resources that I have researched over time...he does no time wasting searching the Internet and norms.

Also, this forum is a very good learning place. It sure helped me very much.

Mit freundlichen GrüÃ?en- Sent from my iPhone (excuse the brevity)

i. A.
Jean Marais
b.i.g. bechtold
Tel.   +49 30 6706662-23