[EnergyPlus_Support] RE: Water coil meets the load with no water flow rate...

Thank you Brent,

In fact, I don't have any unitary system, but your contribution makes me think that the problem may come from two controllers on the same water branch. Could it be possible?

If that is the case, I don't really know what to do: from what I've seen so far, E+ does not allow water coil without controller... (In my model, the second controller is inefficient (convergence tolerance set to 100°C) since the heating coil water flow rate must be determined by the cooling coil flow rate only).

On top of that, I did not find a way to regroup both cooling and heating coil in only one cooling coil (thus having only one controller) because the air input and output conditions of this "coil system" would be inconsistent with E+ water coil definition : I would get "no apparatus dew-point found" errors... (input condition: 27°C, 15g/kgas, ouput condition: 20°C, 7g/kgas)

What do you think?

---In energyplus_support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <brent.griffith@...> wrote:

I have seen this sort of thing happen when the input for water coil’s control is set up with both a Unitary system and a Controller:WaterCoil.  It needs to be one or the other but not both.