[EnergyPlus_Support] RE: Measuring energy input to the rooms

Thx.

I think the source of my confusion was that the return plenum as an object for the airflow calculations is the same as the zone containing it involved in the heat balance calculations. Is that true ? if yes, is it reasonable ? Therefore the Zone/Sys Sensible Cooling Rate is not null.

---In energyplus_support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <RRaustad@...> wrote:

The Zone/Sys Sensible Cooling Rate and Zone/Sys Sensible Heating Rate variables tell you how much energy is entering the zone through the zone inlet nodes. These will be non-zero if air enters the zone and that air had different conditions (T and RH) than the zone.