RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] hollow core slabs

Dear Athinodoros,

I do not think that the ventilated slab object is intended to represent a hollow core slab for the purposes of conduction through the slab.  Instead, it models conduction from and to the slab based on the energy transfer to and from the fluid inside the cores. (I found a description in the Engineering Reference and show it below.)

It is always possible to convert from one version of E+ to a later version using the EP-Launch File, Transition Version feature for a single version update.  Also, you may use the Multiple IDF Version conversion program found at: http://energyplus.helpserve.com/Knowledgebase/List/Index/47

Ventilated Slab

Model Overview

The input object ZoneHVAC:VentilatedSlab provides a model for ventilated slab systems that

in general use outdoor air to “precool” slabs with colder nighttime air. This method of

precooling the thermal mass of a space can be very effective when nighttime temperatures

are low and the mass of the system is high enough to provide a significant amount of cooling…

James V Dirkes II, PE, BEMP, LEED AP
www.buildingperformanceteam.com
Energy Analysis, Commissioning & Training Services
1631 Acacia Drive, Grand Rapids, MI 49504 USA
616 450 8653