Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Model validation

Dear Marko,

Thank you for the reply. Indeed, calibration club :)

Regards
George Georgiou

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 9:11 PM, Marko Ignjatovic <marko.ignjatovic1980@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I believe what you are looking for is so called model calibration. For details you can see M&V protocol for federal projects IPMVP guide or ashrae 14 guideline. Model is nominally calibrated based on statistics (MBE &CVRMSE)for energy consumption. values can be found in the literature i specified. Look for the valies for detailed ( hourly) simulations. Ashrae margins are the most strict. For your question about indoor temps the answer is yes, for research purposes, since this temp has the strongest influence (is driving force)on energy consumption. I suggest prof Mahdavi from TU Wienna papers (several in last couple of years). You can find them on IBPSA website under regional and international conferences.

Good luck! and welcome to the calibration club:)

Marko

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android