[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EnergyPlus_Support] RE: Shading of many overhangs and calculation time
- To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] RE: Shading of many overhangs and calculation time
- From: <o.hans@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: 15 Nov 2013 06:50:24 -0800
- Delivered-to: mailing list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 07:52:03 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1384527122; bh=OUfC/yHvCLE0dUNSrkCqJZrdwO5qacR6+TELBJ+nSsE=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:Received:Received:Received:Received:DKIM-Signature:Received:Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Message-ID:X-Mailer:References:In-Reply-To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:To:X-eGroups-Approved-By:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=TCXknUtK68I+WvWpOidtJVCGIabyAV+FuWAuDD4+pWPOjuAzh68zeweHQiAERwKvrr58W8QDS4u40wsc2ataujiZgHhq889JXJFbKvRMLLCc1HADI3pTflgcP/x6p1pOrVxako0jtXi8cZQSXUIwJkKidmYiI5uGJuTvQHrSDo0=
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1384527121; bh=/QmM+w/P/XZOroREQ3t0k5xkTeYhqPAbBprHCuP3QKk=; h=Received:Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Date:X-Received:Message-ID:MIME-Version:X-Mailer:References:In-Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:Subject:X-Yahoo-Group-Post:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-YGroups-SubInfo:To:Sender:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-eGroups-Approved-By:X-eGroups-Auth; b=OS/qVZWcQKGJg9xBW+IXm2csWW/ST2kYGP+U0GoUwK2+dITUIc5NEh50VzpWFq00DNg1jdhA9WuVSqZG4ZzHROqdSs5U5y0jp+0FrjxzIaXVGNU0SaEbDvd464loDDwEsAIZIKu2A4enfGsilRDScEBYh2XL8S3dIgZDJVbfSzE=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=echoe; d=yahoogroups.com; b=q1TAVo5ZUQCxJykuaJM5uYSGtvM5v52Ybb5NsEY21VLFp+GTRgGiDXYJktQIvaiN76NPBm8NPAEOUibqR4kxLdbXtESjFB9iJkzG7ymPCfTyAqYZH4vhPR5PDupY+/8I1AXfcTSAlC8VIudbX5vCGh3qLyDnc5c1K8NsQ7iGVXg=;
- Envelope-to: linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <CAPsP_xTfyNdRs-=CSNe-UbV+c8xTeh0MR16iEYrNgb_OPCS2tg@mail.gmail.com>
- List-id: <EnergyPlus_Support.yahoogroups.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:EnergyPlus_Supportemail@example.com>
- Mailing-list: list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; contact EnergyPlus_Support-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <CAPAgWcw+FGrsbqnF_TUKxGRytzHRjNAjXLvgr8aMgmD=TEtvwA@mail.gmail.com> <CAPsP_xTfyNdRs-=CSNe-UbV+c8xTeh0MR16iEYrNgb_OPCS2tg@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
it depends a bit on your building design. If the balconies are rectangular and easily related to the windows below, then Shading:Overhang will be the fastest to model and calculate. They are linked to a specific window and input is therefore simple.
"Detailed" always describes a shading object that may have a shape other than rectangular and a vertices count other than four. Shading:Zone:Detailed is therefore an option if more than one window are covered and/or the shape is non-rectangular.
Shading:Building is an object related to the building but not linked to any specific surface. Mostly used to describe an external object shading the building.
---In energyplus_support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <jcrossett@...> wrote:
It would defiantly make a difference in model creation time, and also in optimizing your design scenarios.
------->With shading overhang you have the benefit of a symmetrical model where you could add all your shading in a ratio based method so it would be a global setting- might want to do so on a orientation basis.. Also shading detailed may involve many surfaces, the primary issue with long runtime. I am not so familar with shading building. Also you might consider use of controlled blinds.
Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx
The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
The group web site is:
Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection. Limit attachments to small files.
EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable. Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.