[EnergyPlus_Support] RE: Heating Time Setpoint not met

You can add 2 objects Output:Variable :

Output:Variable,*,System Node Temperature ,Hourly;

Output:Variable,*,System Node Mass Flow Rate ,Hourly;

Consider that the reheat coils work also in the summer season.

---In energyplus_support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, <adrianchong85@...> wrote:

Thank you all for replying. I am modeling a VAV system with 3 AHUs and each of them supplying to many zones. As for sizing parameters I think they are quite reasonable with 14C and 50C for cooling and heating zone supply temp. I also check all the controls and made sure that they are always available to find the source of the problem.

How do I get the output the system node temperature and node flows in EnergyPlus??

So I have been trying to find the source of the problem since then and I have come across several weird instances;

As I decrease the zone heating supply temperature (in zone:sizing), the cooling time setpoint not met increases? I thought zone heating supply temperature is only used to size heating equipment why would it affect zone temperature during cooling?

Another thing is as I increase the sizing factor of the boiler, the heating time setpoint not met actually increases. From my knowledge, increasing sizing factor would increase the boiler's ability to provide heating either through its capacity or flow rate. Does this mean that I am overheating the space?

Regards,

Adrian

<http://energyplus.helpserve.com>http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

<http://www.energyplus.gov>http://www.energyplus.gov