[EnergyPlus_Support] RE: Night cycle Operation

Hello everyone,

Sorry, but I still got a doubt about the Nighcycle operation. According to the item G3.1.2.4Fan System Operation, â??? fanss shall operate continuously whenever the spaces are occupied and shall cycled to meet heating and cooling loads during unoccupied hours?â??

My doubt is, only the fan should operate to meet unoccupied setback temperatures, or the cooling and heating coil should operate with the fan?

Iâ??ve set the fan to operate, the result is that the fan will never meet the unoccupied setback high temperatures. Instead of maintaining the zone temperature, without cooling coil operating, the fan will increase the temperature in the zone.

If the cooling and heating system should operate during setback temperatures, how do I set them to work properly? Do I have to use two setpoint temperatures for cooling and heating mode, i.e., 24ºC for occupied hours and 32ºC for setback temperature during cooling mode and the same for heating?

Thank you,

Fabiano Ferreira

<http://energyplus.helpserve.com>http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

<http://www.energyplus.gov>http://www.energyplus.gov