Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] RE: The SHGC is always different from what I enter! Please help!

Hi Hisham,
That is a difficalt question to answer. If you output the AllSummary report, have a look at the table for Sensible Heat Gains (and losses). It gives a better clue as to where the energy is flowing in and out and how much. I have found it usefull in even finding bugs that I built in like using a greenroof with the CondFD algorithm solver (it only works with CFT) and was giving me temps of over 200 C on the roof.
On 09.03.2014, at 06:23, <<mailto:hisham.rashrash@xxxxxxxxx>hisham.rashrash@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Noted, thanks for the valuable information.

> Please, explain why the heat gains increased when I reduced U-Values for walls and windows so that I lost around 5% savings when I expected gaining more savings instead, as I mentioned.
> Best regards,
Hisham

<http://energyplus.helpserve.com>http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

<http://www.energyplus.gov>http://www.energyplus.gov