Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Radiant surface for 80%

Ofcourse it is the best solution as you say. You can do this in OpenStudio, but I haven't thought of a way in DesignBuilder. I ran a test in DB (with just the one surface) and the results matched pretty well heat transfer-wise. I'm mostly concerned about the moisture though.

> Jean,
>
> Is it a solution to divide a floor into 2 surfaces, one with cooling  (80% of the surface) and the other without (20% of the surface) , without changing the rest of the model?
>

> Best regards,
>

> Geert Bellens
>

> Jean Marais schreef op 9/04/2014 12:53:

This is a tricky subject and I'm currently asking for clarification...however you will definately have to hard size your equipment. I have added an excel table which may (or may not)  be helpful. You need to keep an eye on the mass flowrates. Also attached is a table (thanks Jeremiah) where you can deturmine your construction's thermal diffusivity limits. This was all for hanged chilled ceilings, but you could apply this to concrete core activation. PS because a mean temperature is set for the entire surface, the activated part will be warmer and the unactivated part will be cooler. I have no idea what the net convective and radiative heat transfer rates will be in comparison to what is real. Furthermore, the condensation analysis (unless my pending clarification says otherwise regarding the 2D calculation) will be applied to the mean surface temperature, making inaccurate.

I have modeled an office with concrete core cooling and heating.

<http://energyplus.helpserve.com>http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

<http://www.energyplus.gov>http://www.energyplus.gov

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590/grpId=3387488/grpspId=1705007389/msgId=31681/stime=1397045222>