Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Phase change material

Just to add few lines for improving the PCM's modeling practice.

I have been involved in PCM's modeling for the last 3-4 years of my PhD work at my institution. During this period, I tested several PCM modeling methods under varying PCM's thermal properties. The objective was to test the sensitivity of PCM mathematical models and numerical solvers to the variation of PCM thermal properties (latent heat and melting range). For a PCM with a wide melting range (>1 C) as the case for DuPont Energain, the conclusion is  that even a worst numerical solver and associated scheme can give good results when validated with experimentation. Now when using this validated model for PCM with tight melting range, the results may not be reliable. It would be really nice to have some experimentation reuslts in the literature for PCM with tight melting range such as BioPCM!!.

regards,
Saleh Al-Saadi