Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Doubt About Glazing U-Factor Simulation

You can't. The reviewers know this problem and are fine with it because there is no credit taken relative to the proposed building.
Bear in mind that this is partly due to the rated value being evaluated at rating conditions standards for Windows. So currently, windows use NFRC-100 2010 which uses a set external film coeff. and specifies the algorithms in ISO 15099 to calculate the internal film coeff. ISO 15099 was designed for modern glazing where windows that bad are outside of scope.  So the bottom line is that U-values that high must have been rated at other rating conditions using a different proceedure not supported by the NFRC, WINDOW, EnergyPlus and ironically ASHRAE 90.1 (which requires window ratings per NFRC).
No one I know, knows how ASHRAE got to those high values, i.e. what proceedure was used.
Nevertheless it is important to understand that we are talking about a rating value, which doesn't get used during the simulation anyway, as e+ dynamically calculates the interior and exterior film coeffs. at every timestep based on actual conditions. As long as the physical description of the system is right, it doesn't matter what rat
Ok, but how ican I put where can I put a negative resistance? Construction?

How (and where) can I actually create a Glazing to obtain a much higher U-value rather than the 5,8 W/m2-k on the results?
Thanks
Pablo.

 Posted by: "jeannieboef@xxxxxxxxx" <jeannieboef@xxxxxxxxx>

Primary EnergyPlus support is found at: