[EnergyPlus_Support] Help Wanted – EnergyPlus Modeler

Help Wanted ? EnergyPlus Modeeler

Big Ladder Software seeks to hire an EnergyPlus modeler to help us advance the building energy modeling (BEM) industry by scaling up the services, resources, and software that we offer.

About Big Ladder Software

Big Ladder is a Denver-based company dedicated to providing services and software for energy modelers and energy modeling firms. The company name reflects our mission to "help our clients reach new heights". Founded in 2009, we are a team of engineers and computer programmers who are passionate about developing innovative open-source software tools for building energy modeling. We exclusively use the EnergyPlus simulation engine to perform whole-building energy analyses. We also offer training workshops, commercial support, and custom software development services for EnergyPlus.

Job Description

This job is for a full-time position at our Denver location. If hired, responsibilities would include:

- Performing building energy analyses using EnergyPlus
- Providing commercial support for our clients using EnergyPlus and our software tools
- Teaching or assisting in training workshops on EnergyPlus and our software tools
- Influencing the direction of new software tools for energy modeling
- Conducting research on energy modeling topics and software tools
- Authoring conference papers, white papers, and blog posts on energy modeling topics.

Job Requirements

To be considered for the job, you should be able to demonstrate the following minimum requirements:

- Some experience in working with EnergyPlus at the text level
- Deep expertise in using one of the main energy modeling engines (EnergyPlus, eQUEST/DOE-2, TRNSYS, IES-VE, ESP-r, TRACE)
- Deep knowledge and understanding of building science and HVAC systems
- Excellent people skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work independently.

Finally, this might be the right job for you, if you agree with most of the following statements:

- You find yourself pushing the limits of your energy modeling tools on a daily basis, and it frustrates you to no end
- You have worked at a mechanical or architectural engineering firm and have performed or been heavily exposed to design work
- You considered becoming a teacher or a professor at some point in your life
- You have been looking for an excuse to truly master EnergyPlus
- You think there MUST be better ways to do software for building energy modeling.

For instructions on how to submit your application, visit <http://bigladdersoftware.com/modeler-apx.html>http://bigladdersoftware.com/modeler-apx.html

 Posted by: Peter Ellis <peter.ellis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
<http://energyplus.helpserve.com>http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx