[EnergyPlus_Support] VRF with humidity control DOAS

Hi,

I have modeled VRF system where I am getting high humidity for several hours in an year, so I have implemented DOAS system  with humidity control. I took reference of "DOASDXCOIL_wADPBFMethod.idf" for adding DOAS to control humidity.

The humidity problem has not been solved I am still getting high RH (~ 79%) with DOAS. What can be the problem with the system?

I am getting following warnings:
1) "CalcDoe2DXCoil: Coil:Cooling:DX: TwoStageWithHumidityControlMod e="OA COOLING COIL" - Air volume flow rate per watt of rated total cooling capacity is out of range"
2) "CalcDoe2DXCoil: Coil:Cooling:DX: TwoStageWithHumidityControlMod e="OA COOLING COIL" - Full load outlet temperature indicates a possibility of frost/freeze error continues."

One more interesting thing I have observed is that VRF system is using double the electricity for cooling for the same building as compared to VAV system!! VRF system is supposed to be more energy efficient than VAV system??

Also I have modeled chilled beam system where I am again facing problems of high humidity. I am planning to use  same type of DOAS as in the example file mentioned above. Is it a good way or should I refer to other example file which would be more appropriate?

Kind Regards,
Sanket

 Posted by: puranik.sanket@xxxxxxxxx

Primary EnergyPlus support is found at: