Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Flow control between floor heater and solar storage tank

Dear,

First of all I would like to thank You for your response. My floor heater refers to the lowtemperatureradiant:variableflow (constant supply temperature) object. I agreed with You that the return temperature will vary because the system has a capacity to meet design loads at design conditions and the conditions of both radiant surface temperatures and room air temperatures effect the convection coefficients and hence the heat transfer characteristics. Anyway, in my case I want to order EnergyPlus that if the return water temperature from floor heater is lower than the water temperature in the solar storage tank the water goes directly to the gas boiler. I am planning to use EMS object but I do not know is it possible.

Is it possible to use EMS actuator "Plant Component*" in order to turn off storage tank when the previously mentioned situation appears? Or is it better to order EnergyPlus that if above situation appears the outlet water temperature from the storage tank be same as return water temperature from the heater?

Is it possible to use this EMS object with tempering valve object in the same time?

Thank You in advance

Novak