Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: lux and watts

Vincent,

I think you're not getting what Rahul is saying. The Daylighting object outputs a 0 to 1 dimming ratio. That in turn is applied to the the Lights (where you define the wattage) you have defined for your zone.

Best,
Julien

--
Julien Marrec, EBCP, BPI MFBA
Ingénieur en efficacité énergétique du bâtiment

DoYouBuzz : www.doyoubuzz.com/julien-marrec_1
LinkedIn (fr) : www.linkedin.com/in/julienmarrec/fr
LinkedIn (en) : www.linkedin.com/in/julienmarrec

Rahul,
I am sorry to disagree with you.  If in my project we use incandescent bulbs , for a given illuminance I will use five times as much electricity as I would with leds.  This results in: 1/ a higher electricity bill, and 2/  am uch higher heating rate of my light system.  A 1w led will use 1w electricity and produce 0.8 W of heat and 50 lumen.  For the same 50 lumen you need a 5w incandescent bulb which will use 5W electricity and produce 4W heat.

Vincent