[EnergyPlus_Support] OpenStudio for Sketchup changes name of thermal zone after importing idf file

I understand this is an EnergyPlus forum, but I still want to take the change to ask for emergent help from experts who know about OpenStudio + EnergyPlus workflow since OpenStudio's forum is not accessible currently.

I found that each time I import an IDF file using OpenStudio for Sketchup (v1.4), it will automatically add "Thermal Zone" to the end of the name of an existing thermal zone.

E.g. you model a thermal zone "Zone_1" in OpenStudio and export it as an IDF file test.idf, then you start a new Sketchup file and use OpenStudio to import test.idf. The name of this thermal zone will be renamed as "Zone_1 Thermal Zone".

This may get very disturbing if the name of thermal zone is growing longer and longer each time I export and import an IDF file suppose I only use OpenStudio to model thermal zone and geometries and export IDF file, and use EnergyPlus to define other stuff like schedules and loads and etc.

May I ask how to make OpenStudio stop doing this?

Thank you very much in advance!

Joe

Posted by: hope.zh@xxxxxxxxx