[EnergyPlus_Support] VRF Reverse Cycle Defrost Curve

All,

I'm currently doing some analysis on VRF in a cold climate. I'm attempting to model reverse cycle defrost control using the HVACTemplate:System:VRF object. However, when running the simulation, it ends with a severe error:

AirConditioner:VariableRefrigerantFlow, "VRF 2 VRF HEAT PUMP" Defrost Energy Input Ratio Modifier Function of Temperature Curve Name not found:

The problem is the template does not have a field to specify this curve and is not inserting a default one. Does anyone have a default/sample reverse cycle defrost curve floating around, or know if it exists in the dataset folder that comes with the installation?

This is pretty critical because it's a very cold climate and the electric resistance defrost control essentially blows out my heating savings.

Thanks,

Luke

Posted by: luke.dorna@xxxxxxxxx