Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Net Energy Demand

Ok so the HVAC summary only gives peak demands which will lead to over sizing an HVAC system.

If this is the case, is there a rule of thumb that I should follow?

I have a bunch of questions that you don't have to answer. Learning E+ / Open Studio on my own has been really frustrating but you have already been a big help!

What is the difference between Calculated design loads / user design loads?

Also, after finding the heating / cooling energy demand in Watts, how do I relate that to HVAC components in order to determine their size? Would that just be the units cooling/heating capacity?

We're planning on using a solar thermal system for domestic hot water and an absorption chiller or radiant system for air conditioning. I have a simple understanding of how these systems work theoretically from school, but I have no real life experience on putting a system together / calculating loads and what not.

Again,
BIG thanks Jean.

Posted by: benjamin_khuong@xxxxxxxxx