[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Net Energy Demand





Ok so the HVAC summary only gives peak demands which will lead to over sizing an HVAC system.

If this is the case, is there a rule of thumb that I should follow?

I have a bunch of questions that you don't have to answer. Learning E+ / Open Studio on my own has been really frustrating but you have already been a big help!

What is the difference between Calculated design loads / user design loads?

Also, after finding the heating / cooling energy demand in Watts, how do I relate that to HVAC components in order to determine their size? Would that just be the units cooling/heating capacity? 

We're planning on using a solar thermal system for domestic hot water and an absorption chiller or radiant system for air conditioning. I have a simple understanding of how these systems work theoretically from school, but I have no real life experience on putting a system together / calculating loads and what not. 

Again,
BIG thanks Jean. 


__._,_.___

Posted by: benjamin_khuong@xxxxxxxxx


Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.gov

The group web site is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/

Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection.  Limit attachments to small files.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.




Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups
• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

__,_._,___