[EnergyPlus_Support] free floating simulation

Hi,I'm trying to evalutae the influence of a green roof on a building in a free floating condition, compared to a standard pitched roof.
I  need to calculate the energy demand and the mean air temerature of both buildings, in a free floating model, that is without any HVAC plant, so to calculate the contribution that different roof types offer to the energy efficiency of the envelope.
I created the two models but running the simulation with E+, the mean air temperatures are exactly the same.
What's the proper way to set parameters to run such kind of simulation?
Do I need to set n ideal thermostater anyway?
Or an ideal air system?
Thanks for your help.

Caterina

Via G. Pascoli, 8