[EnergyPlus_Support] Nominal capacity boiler/chiller: autosize or not?

I usually simulate a building with a 100% efficient boiler and chiller.

If I use autosize for the capacity of the boiler or chiller, the capacity is sometimes to low.

If I fill in the capacity manually, .... I can fill in what I want.

How can I determine what the real power demand is ?

Especially for capacity peaks at startup (morning for heating, afternoon for cooling) the manually choosen capacity, will influence the duration of the startup peak.

This leads to discussion with my client ofcourse. the software is intended to determine the peak load, but I can choose it myself....

Sometimes these peaks are also extremely high and short in duration. Is there a limiting aspect I maybe have forgotten ? (pump , or other part of the heating/cooling loop)

Geert

Posted by: geert.bellens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx