Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Overhanging / Canopy like roof.

Everyone, thank you for the response.

Karen, I think you were spot on. When I modeled the canopy like you said there was a much larger difference between no air gap and air gap. About a 20% difference in cooling load when I moved to a 6" air gap. Does that seem reasonable?

So it sounds like I can't vary the thermal resistance in this over hang as a shading surface.
What would be the best way to take thermal resistance of the canopy into account?

Posted by: benjamin_khuong@xxxxxxxxx