Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] PMV

I have specified Fanger comfort model. So the only way to control PMV for the zones is by the zone temperature control actuators, controlling the zone's heating and cooling setpoints?

On Wednesday, September 24, 2014 10:50 AM, "'Brent Griffith' brent.griffith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support]" <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You cannot really actuate PMV directly, you would need to alter the comfort level in the zone to get a different PMV result.   For example, the native comfort controls in E+ (ZoneControl:Thermostat:ThermalComfort) dynamically calculate a new setpoint for the zoneâ??s HVAC system that would deliver the desired PMV in the zone.    To get the PMV calculations going to be available for EMS sensor you only need to specify comfort model in the People object.

It could be that your Erl sensor is seeing an interim PMV result that is updated early in the timestep (before predictor) and by the end of the timestep you have done some action to change the outcome (corrector), in which case they values should not be expected to agree.  It depends on the calling point(s) and the details of whatever actuator you using.

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 12:04 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] PMV

I already checked that, no the values are not lagging by one time step. The values are very different. If I want to actuate the PMV values, is it necessary to activate the thermal comfort thermostat so that the PMV actuator appears in the EDD file. If I have to activate the thermostat how can I do so so that only the actuator appears but the thermostat itself is not operational.