[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Simulation Time





This was a feature added at one release and was not a time saver for the most part -- particularly on Windows platform.  So it was removed.

At 09:30 AM 10/22/2014, Julien Marrec julien.marrec@xxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support] wrote:

I read among  the â??New Features in Version 7.1.0â?? http://apps1.eere.energy.gov/buildings/energyplus/energyplus_archives.cfm that

â??EnergyPlus can now use multi-core processors to speed execution of models with large geometry descriptionsâ??.

But in this discussion I read: â??E+ model only uses 1 core at a time at 100%â??

Could I use more than one core for a model?

My processor is  Intel(R) Core? i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Iâ??m using Windows 7.

Although I gave EnergyPlus a high priority, the processes are using only 12% of the CPU and only 28% of the memory.

It seems that the object ProgramControl (number of threads allowed) has no effect.

How could I use the processor in order to maximize the velocity of the simulation?

Regards





Content-Type: image/png; name="image001.png"
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="image001.png"
Content-ID: <image001.png@01CFEDDD.1B7E4890>
X-Attachment-Id: 50ee7ab09bd3024b_0.1



__._,_.___

Posted by: Linda Lawrie <linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>


Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.gov

The group web site is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/

Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection.  Limit attachments to small files.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.




Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups
• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

__,_._,___