Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Windows radiation rate

So the largest part of the window assembly is glass which (depending on type) typically reflects back to outdoors 30% of all the radiation which fell on it.
The two types of radiation (diffuse and direct) that fell on the window, also consists of different spectral frequencies. Typically they are lumped into IR, Visual and Solar (Solar I understand is equal to IR+Vis+the rest).
The IR that is not reflected is (almost) completely absorbed by the glass which then re-radiates this energy into both zone and back outdoors and the ratios depend on the facing radiation temperatures of objects such as (zone side) walls, floors, ceilings, (environment side) ground and sky, and include for their angle (form factor) relative to the glass.
...yes, glass is not transparent to IR.
Obviously, the Visual bandwith energy gets passed through directly as beam or diffuse to a much larger percent but holds far less of the total energy than the IR.
The last bit is "the rest" which I mentioned earlier. Here I'm not sure...perhaps someone else knows better, what happens to the rest of the solar radiation. I believe it passes through mostly like the visual band (I suspect this because X-ray, Microwave, and most of these "rest" bandwidths tend to pass through just about everything...some even go right through the earth.