[EnergyPlus_Support] Running EnergyPlus on a server

Dear All,

I am trying to run energyplus on a the Iridis server which is a shared facility used by UCL that runs on 64 bit Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5 (Tikanga).

I first tried to run the installation script from https://github.com/nrel/EnergyPlusRelease/releases

This didn't work because it must have been built on a different version of linux and I got the following error when I tried to runenergyplus:

/lib64/libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.14' not found

I also tried to compile the code myself from source but have had little luck with that. I'm trying to follow the instructions for linux from here: https://github.com/NREL/EnergyPlus

The instructions aren't great because it doesn't tell you how to configure ccmake. I've tried compiling the Fortran bit and it gets to about 92% and then fails:

 File `all' does not exist.

make[1]: Target `all' not remade because of errors.

make: *** [all] Error 2

 File `default_target' does not exist.

make: Target `default_target' not remade because of errors.

I did manage to get it to compile with BUILD_PACKAGE turned on but that doesn't produce the ExpandObjects executable and so energyplus won't run.

Please help,

Phil

Posted by: symonds.phil@xxxxxxxxx