[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Running EnergyPlus on a server

It looks like you probably have an older version of glibc installed. We faced a similar problem too. We tried a few things to solve it but in the end compiled from source because it was easier. You will however need a compiler that supports the new C11 standard. gcc 4.8 should work.

The CMake setting do not need any change for a straight forward build. Are you familiar with cmake? It is a two stage process?. If you are using the GUI (either the command linee GUI or graphical), youâ??d hit â??Configureâ?? and it will check your sustem, after which if it reports any missing dependencies or highlights issues, resolve them and repeat. If all is good, you should hit â??generateâ?? which creates the Makefiles. After that, running make should compile the source.

Running on the server may require more work, especially running many instances parallelly. We could have a quick phone call if it helps.

Jibo

Posted by: jibo_sanyal@xxxxxxxxx