[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] reading an epw file





Dear Mr Asit,

I recommend you start by using the weather tool included in the preprocessing folder included with E+. It will give you a csv file with the correct column headers. 

You should then manipulate the FILENAMEepw.csv and then again use the weather tool to create a YOURFILE.epw file to run E+.

Best of luck and kind regards  



â??â??
Jeremiah D. Crossett
 
 | Applications Engineer  | LEED Green Associate 
â??â??
7411 SW Capitol Highway | Portland, OR 97219 
â??â??
 | Direct 503-688-8951
  




On Thu, Dec 25, 2014 at 7:42 PM, Asit Mishra asitkm76@xxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support] <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 

Hi,
     This may seem a slightly odd request, but could someone help me read the different contents of an epw file? I am attaching the csv file (obtained from an epm file through some manipulations) for weather of an Indian city. One of the columns I am reasonably sure is hourly DBT and hence I have put such a heading. The column just next to it, I am guessing is hourly WBT.
Can anyone tell me what the other columns are?

Thanks,

Asit




__._,_.___

Posted by: Jeremiah Crossett <jcrossett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>


Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.gov

The group web site is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/

Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection.  Limit attachments to small files.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.




Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups
• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

__,_._,___