Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] reading an epw file [1 Attachment]

Asit,

Several thoughts about this:
(1) Be careful when you talk about CSV, because it is not a format but  just stands for a file with "comma-separated variables". This is particularly confusing with weather files, since the most common CSV format is that used for TMY3 and ASHRAE IWEC2 weather files, which is different from the CSV format produced by the EnergyPlus WeatherConverter program.  Since your  CSV file was derived from the EPW, it would have to be of the latter type, i.e., EPW-CSV.  However, when I compared it to the EPW-CSV that I have, I find that it lacks the column headings on Line 19.  I'm attaching that file (IND_Bangalore_ISHRAE.csv.zip)  for your convenience.
(2)  I don't know whether you have a specific interest in the weather data for Bangalore, but if so I would recommend you get the new ISHRAE2 weather file available from ISHRAE, which I helped to create in 2012 to replace the original ISHRAE files (contact Jyoti Mathur at jyotirmay.mathur@xxxxxxxxx for details). The ISHRAE2 weather files have newer data, better solar modeling, as well as correct some glitches in the ISHRAE files.  For example, on the Bangalore ISHRAE file, there are only three values for air pressure in Column 10 that were not adjusted for elevation and probably wrong, to boot.

Joe
Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 205A