[EnergyPlus_Support] Splitting global horizontal radiation in direct and diffuse

Hi everybody,

I am new here but I already have a question to post.

I am trying to create customized EPW files. I am actually modifying TMY3 substituting weather data from the weather station I am using.

I only have the global horizontal radiation and, for what I understand, EnergyPlus needs the direct and diffuse radiations.

I read quite a lot here and on EnergyPlus documentation and I came to know that it's possible to split the global radiation using the Weather Converter in EP.

So I have been trying to do that, converting the EPW into CSV, then putting a bunch of zeros in the direct and diffuse columns. Then I wrote a DEF file and I tried to reconvert the CSV file into EPW.

Something is wrong, though. I din't know what doesn't work, I basically copied the DEF example from EP documentation.

Is there anybody who did the same and can post his files?

Thanks

Carlo

Posted by: carlobianchi171089@xxxxxxxxx