[EnergyPlus_Support] Triple glazing with integral blinds in the outer cavity

Dear Energyplus forum users,

I need to model the energy impact of a triple glazing system with integrated blinds in the first gap :

Glas / gap / Blind / gap / Glas / gap / Glas.

However, I could understand from the error message that "--For triple glazing the between-glass shade/blind must be between the two inner glass layers". Which is not my case, and I cannot make the assumption that the blind is in the inner gap.

To counter this problem, I tried to reduce the last two glass layers to an equivalent layer, so that my system is reduced to a double glazing unit only (Glas / gap / Blind / gap / EquivalentLayer). For this, I followed LBL's method (http://gaia.lbl.gov/btech/papers/2804.pdf) : but it is not efficient since it assumes that there are no low-e coatings, which is neither my case.

So, I would like to ask, if you had any suggestions to counter this problem ?

This would really help.

Best regards,

Adele Robin

Posted by: adlou92bis@xxxxxxxxx