Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Pipe:Indoor Pipe Fluid against Ambient Heat Transfer Rate

Re: 2) the embedded pipe (lowtemperatureradiant) model in e+ can't handle being placed between thin (highly conductive) layers of a construction. It needs the thermal diffusivity to be high enough for numerical stability. I thought was that perhaps the same is true for your pipe.

I suggest testing it with a thick steal pipe, and further testing with different plastic pipe thicknesses to see how it behaves. Further than looking into the source code and contacting helpdesk support, I have not more to offer for tips.

Goodluck,

Jean

Mit freundlichen GrüÃ?en- Sent from my iPhone (excuse the brevity)

i. A.
Jean Marais
b.i.g. bechtold
Tel.   +49 30 6706662-23