Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Energy Plus Chiller Example - Getting Started

Most users are using 3rd party GUIs to at least create the basic IDF files that the e+ engine then runs.

I use DesignBuilder so I am familiar with its capabilities which include a pretty good import and auto-cleanup of (especially tested with Revit) exported gbXML. There are also guides on model preparation in Revit prior to export.

What I have not yet tested is the new ability to selectively update/imoprt parts of an existing model with an updated gbXML coming from the main planing team, so I can't vouch for it. You could test it for us.

I would download a free 30 day trial to test it.

Also download and test others...there's a long list which used to be listed on the DOE's website...I'm sure google will find it.

All 3rd Party GUIs have pros and cons, for example: Notice that almost all 3rd party GUIs can export IDF for further work in a text editor environment. Very few can import them. DesignBuilder can't...yet...but for me it has been a good fit.

There are some posts from Jeremiah Crossett somewhere here on the forum which indicates that he has tested many softwares.

Hope this helps,

Jean