[EnergyPlus_Support] Double serpentine storage water tank for DHW

Hi all,

I'm trying to model a DHW system in which the water used by users is extracted by a water storage tank. The water storage tank is heated by 2 serpentines, the first one is linked to a solar loop and the second one is linked to a boiler which works when the solar loop is not able to guarantee the sp temperature.

I would like to ask if it is possible to model this system with a single waterheater:stratified. In this case, I would mode the DHW consumption via the scheduled water use but I've some doubts about the linking between the use/source tank nodes with the solar/hw loop loop...

Is it pobbile to model this system or am I following a wrong way?

I know that an alternative solution should be to model 2 indipendent tanks to replicate the 2 heating modes but I was wondering about using a single waterheater object, like it is in the reality.

Does anyone of you have an example of a similar tank?

Thanks

Posted by: m.aldegheri@xxxxxxxxx