Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Room Air Modeling

Thanks for your input. I checked the RDD as well as Input/Output ref. and it seems that the only extra output you get from the 'nondimensional height' roomair model is the thermostat temperature, and this 'room air zone thermostat temperature' is purely cosmetic. When I change the input thermostat offset from 0.4 (a measured value) to 100 (a made-up-nonsense value), nothing changes in the simulation. But in the paper that the EnergyPlus documentation references (Griffith et al), they provide a way to change the air heat balance equation to reflect thermostat offset. And Griffith wrote the source code for many of the roomair models. So it seems the thermostat offset is not implemented in nondimensional height roomair models, which is not what the documentation says.

Am I wrong? Any advice on where to find the heat balance equations in the source code so I can verify?

Thank you!
Ryan Kennett