[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] "Cleaning up" IDF files





I believe if you use the "display all warnings" you will get a report at the end of the simulation like:

Orphan objects
or unused schedules or constructions.

Of course, this is only useful if the simulation actually runs.  It will be false if you had fatal errors or a crash.

At 09:39 AM 3/13/2016, 'Troup, Lucas' l.troup@xxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support] wrote:


Is there an easy way or a ?trick? out there to cleaning up IDF files?  I?m working off some pretty large IDF files and it would be helpful if there was a way to delete the things not being used.  Even if there is an output report, that would work.  Thought I would ask before I jumped down a rabbit hole looking for something that might not exist.
 
Thanks!
 
Luke Troup
__________________________________________________________________________
Ph.D Student ? Interdisciplinary
Northeastern University
l.troup@xxxxxxx | 617.373.6003
 




__._,_.___

Posted by: Linda Lawrie <linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>


Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.gov

The group web site is:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/

Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection.  Limit attachments to small files.

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.




Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups
• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

__,_._,___