Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Too much Simulation Time

Reduce the number of surfaces.. with the PCM and FD methods, that will help.

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 5:18 AM, gauravciitr@xxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support] <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I am running E+(ver 8.4) simulation on a building with

1. Building area: 117 sqm

2. Conditioned volume: 360 m3

3. PCM on roof: 90 sqm

4. Number of surfaces: 90

5. Conduction finite difference method, so 20 timesteps

6. Each construction has some 7-8 layers

6. Laptop with 4 cores

Even for 1-month runtime it's taking more than 90 mins. Can anyone suggest how can I reduce simulation time. I know reducing the layers in construction is one, but I want to keep that solution the last one.

Posted by: Dru Crawley <dbcrawley@xxxxxxxxx>

EnergyPlus support is found at:

The EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.net/