Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Cooling Load Calculation

Dear Sajal,

I’m just a architect, but I think "neither this nor that"; I still think you are confusing energy and power�

In a generic sense, if I set that my lighting design load is 9W/m2 and have a building of 180m2, so the total load of the project will be 1620W. This does not mean that the building consumes 1620W per second or per hour. For heating and cooling loads is the same: if I have a designed load "X", which is a projected amount in BTU, W or J (energy units). What do you want this quantity is a function of time: power! Power is a rate. In physics, rates of describing how something changes over time.
The information you wish to will be in "End Uses", in the rows relating to HVAC System employee. The sum of these energy consumption (energy unit defined in the IDF) divided by 8760 hours or 525600 will show you the rate.

Good job,
Arq Carlos Krebs
Me Arquitetura e Urbanismo
PROGRAU/FAUrb/UFPEL