[EnergyPlus_Support] Using the SurfaceProperty:SolarIncidentInside feature in E+

I used the SurfaceProperty:SolarIncidentInside object to calculate the effect on the building energy balance of reflected sunpatches on the ceiling inside a rectangular room. Using Radiance I computed the schedule of the solar incidence values for that surface and then fed it to EnergyPlus for simulation. I get this warning:

** Warning ** Zone THERMAL_ZONE does not have all surfaces scheduled with surface gains.
 **   ~~~   ** If at least one surface in the zone is scheduled with surface gains, then all other surfaces within the same zone should be scheduled as well.
   **   ~~~   ** Surface 245779 does not have scheduled surface gains.
   **   ~~~   ** Surface 5B30C6 does not have scheduled surface gains.
   **   ~~~   ** Surface C0C614 does not have scheduled surface gains.
   **   ~~~   ** Surface THERMAL_ZONE_WINDOW_LOWER does not have scheduled surface gains.
   **   ~~~   ** Surface THERMAL_ZONE_WINDOW _UPPER does not have scheduled surface gains.
   **   ~~~   ** Surface DC934B does not have scheduled surface gains.
   **   ~~~   ** Surface AE57E2 does not have scheduled surface gains.

Does this message means that in order to implement the SolarIncidentInside object I must create schedules for all the solar gains of the surfaces of the space?

By having  only one surface scheduled  inside a zone with the  SurfaceProperty:SolarIncidentInside object triggers EnergyPlus to turn off it's internal calculations for the other (not scheduled) surfaces?

Thank you in advance,

Antonis.

Posted by: kontadakisantonios@xxxxxxxxx

EnergyPlus support is found at: