[EnergyPlus_Support] Is it possible to use alternative HVAC system instead of those defined in 90.1 Standard?

Hi all,

I meet difficulty to model ASHRAE 90.1 baseline system #1 (packaged terminal air conditioner) in EnergyPlus to match minimum outdoor ventilation rate with proposed design, which is required by 2007 version G3.1.2.5. My proposed design requires the ventilation of outdoor air flow during occupied hours, but needs to set OA flow rate to 0 during unoccupied hours.

It looks like this cannot be controlled in terms of using schedules in EnergyPlus. My question is, if it is possible for me to use an AHU (CAV, DX cooling coil, hot water coil) in baseline model instead of a PTAC system so that LEED could take it as a valid approach?

I would like very much to receive advice/comments from your experience gained from LEED projects. Thank you very much indeed.

Sean

Posted by: seanking.1970@xxxxxxxxxxx

EnergyPlus support is found at:

The EnergyPlus web site is found at: