[EnergyPlus_Support] Map search for weather files

We have added map search to the weather file browser tool: http://jess.ensims.com/epw_viewer.html. It is very useful in the scenario when you look for weather files of an unfamiliar location. As in the discussions below, you can put either the town's name or the coordinates in map search, and the available weather file locations nearby will be shown.

In this update, we have also added index of the weather locations on climate.onebuilding.com created by Dru and Linda. Comparing to energyplus.net, it provides much better coverage of countries like Germany, Turkey, Japan, Australia, and Brazil, and significantly extends the coverage for Poland, China, India, the US, Canada, Ethiopia and Kenya. The download package contains weather formats for ESPr and Daysim, too. Very useful indeed!

Yi

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 06 October 2016 15:09
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: weather files for Turkey

There is a weather file for Izmir that is part of a new weather data set for Turkey on http://climate.onebuilding.org , look under Europe and Turkey.  80 locations.  Izmir is 38.43 lat / 27.17 long

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 6:58 AM, cemdogansahin@xxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support] <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for weather data for Tire/İzmir of which coordinates are:

3805’10.71” N 2743’55.68” E

Elevation 120m

Is it possible to obtain TMY file via Meteonorm? If so, I have no access to it. Could you help me please?

Thanks for your cordial help, in advance :)

Cem Dogan SAHIN

Mechanical Engineer (M.Sc.)

Posted by: "Dr Yi Zhang" <yi@xxxxxxxxxx>

EnergyPlus support is found at: