Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Energy plus model calibration [1 Attachment]

Dear William,
Calibration of an energy model is a task that normally is attempted:
  1. AFTER becoming well familiar with the desired HVAC controls
  2. AFTER confirming major / key energy model assumptions by measuring them at the building
  3. WITH consideration for the proper capabilities of the modeling program
  4. and preferably WITH some help from an optimization tool such as GenOpt, Apidae or DesignBuilder
In short, it's not simple and not something normally attempted by someone who is learning EnergyPlus.
However, it could be a great learning opportunity for you because it will help improve your understanding of the impact of various input variables. In addition, I believe that this skill will become very important in the future as we seek to improve the operation of existing buildings.

I made a short presentation a few years ago on this topic at one of the ASHRAE Energy Modeling Conferences and have attached my slides along with the notes for each slide. I hope that helps you to succeed in this task.