[EnergyPlus_Support] Single-sided ventilation modelling with EnergyPlus

Hi All,

Iâ??m going to use EnergyPlus to model single-sided ventilation and I want to find if I change the facade of a building (opening, materials etc.), how ACH (Air Change Rate per Hour) changes.

My problem is that I donâ??t know the level of accuracy for prediction of single-sided natural ventilation with the â??airflownetworkâ?? objects in EnergyPlus.

The most important inputs for me are: wind pressure coefficients and discharge coefficient

I know I have two options for the WPCs: input or calculated.

For input: it is impossible for me to run CFD for each simulation and input the WPCs manually as I have hundreds of simulations with different facades. (Iâ??m using Genetic Algorithm)

For calculated: I am wondering if the results that I get using this method are trustable as it uses an average WPC for the surface.

AND for the discharge coefficients, I have no idea!

Your help is much appreciated!

Cheers,

Samin

Posted by: samin.marzban@xxxxxxxxx